Ad by Televo13

Forum

5 posts

incorrect ascender/descender settings

Mar 26, 2024 at 08:05

Hi dafont my font Dolce & Amyara was rejected because you said "incorrect ascender/descender settings" I have checked it few times but i can't find the problem you mentioned, i don't see my font is cropped and nothing problem with the ascender/descender. Could you tell me where the problem exactly is? thanks

May 13, 2024 at 14:44

hishand studio said  

Hi dafont my font Dolce & Amyara was rejected because you said "incorrect ascender/descender settings" I have checked it few times but i can't find the problem you mentioned, i don't see my font is cropped and nothing problem with the ascender/descender. Could you tell me where the problem exactly is? thanks

Hello, I have no relation to dafont, but try checking in notepad / ms word

May 15, 2024 at 06:09

Plotomad said  
hishand studio said  

Hello, I have no relation to dafont, but try checking in notepad / ms word

thank you! already solved.

May 15, 2024 at 20:16

The old school way that I set ascenders and descenders:

For the glyph frame which has the highest ascender, and the one with the lowest descender, I move the top and bottom bearings to the highest and lowest positions, then I create a tiny contour in the upper or lower corner where that X Axis position intersects with the Y Axis position for the right or left side bearing. I save the project file, then delete the tiny contours, and save again. To me, that's easier than calculating a numeric value.

May 16, 2024 at 03:04

metaphasebrothel said  
The old school way that I set ascenders and descenders:

For the glyph frame which has the highest ascender, and the one with the lowest descender, I move the top and bottom bearings to the highest and lowest positions, then I create a tiny contour in the upper or lower corner where that X Axis position intersects with the Y Axis position for the right or left side bearing. I save the project file, then delete the tiny contours, and save again. To me, that's easier than calculating a numeric value.

Thanks for the advice, really appreciate it!

All times are CEST. The time is now 12:35

Privacy Policy  -  Contact